We often make some desserts by ourselves at home. Especially those like mousse cakes. However, in many cases, we cannot grasp the amount of additives. So summarize some questions and answer questions for everyone. So that we can also make mango mousse with gelatin at home.
How to make mousse cake batter with gelatine powder without gelatine slices
Make mousse paste with gelatin powder. You can first soak the gelatine powder with cold water. After the gelatin powder is soaked, add it to the mousse paste. The principle is the same as gelatin tablets. Just soak it softly, add it to the mousse paste and let it melt. If you are afraid that the melting will not be complete, you can add gelatine while heating the liquid. Such as when heating evaporated milk or milk.
Is gelatine flakes or gelatine powder better to make mousse? Is there a difference in taste between the two?
Gelatine powder is good and tastes better
When making mango mousse, does the amount of gelatine slices affect the taste?
Yes, usually about 2 slices are enough.
Steps to make mango mousse with gelatin slices
Mango puree 250g
Whipped cream 250g
1 piece of gelatin
1 large piece of original chiffon cake
Orange jelly material amount
Fresh orange juice 230g
1. Chiffon cake slices are cut into 16 small round slices with a round hollow mold.
2. Soak 2 pieces of gelatin in ice water until soft. 30 grams of water are heated in the microwave for half a minute. Remove the macerated gelatin slices and squeeze the water. Add in hot water and stir to melt. Then add the mango puree, mix well and set aside.
3. Add whipped cream and sugar over ice water and beat until 6 minutes frothy.
4. Mix the whipped cream and mango puree.
5. Put a slice of cake round in each small cup.
6. Add 40 grams of mango mousse paste to the round cake. Add another round cake slice. Then add 30 grams of mango mousse paste. Lift the small cup, drop it from a height of about 5 cm, shake out the bubbles, and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours until it solidifies.
7. Soak 1 piece of gelatin in ice water until soft. The fresh orange juice is heated in the microwave for 1 minute. Remove the macerated gelatin slices and squeeze the water. Add in orange juice and stir to melt.
8. After the orange juice is cooled, add 8 cups of solidified mango mousse on average. Put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Does need to be heated and melted to make mousse cakes?
Need. The softened gelatin needs to be melted by heating with water. When the gelatin is in a transparent and clear state, quickly pour it into the liquid ingredients and stir well. Otherwise the gelatin will stick to the bottom of the basin. Gelatin will also gelatinize when the dessert is made and frozen. If you want to speed up the gelation speed, you can take an ice bath here. Stir the dessert batter through ice water until you scoop it up with a spoon and then pour it back into the plate.