We can make peach jelly with gelatin at home. The most important gelatin powder for making jelly. If the peaches are beaten into a puree and then solidified with gelatin powder, a fruit mousse can also be made. As gelatine wholesaler, the following is introduce the role of gelatine powder in making jelly.
How to make peach jelly with gelatin
1. Cut the peach flesh and use ice water (outside the recipe). Add sugar and lemon slices and soak for about an hour. Pour out the water for soaking the peaches.
2. 200 grams of pure water + gelatin powder + granulated sugar, let stand for ten minutes. Gelatine powder will become a mush. The role of gelatine powder here is emulsification .
3. Cook step 2 on low heat, cook until it is slightly boiled, and keep stirring. Wait for the gelatin dough to melt. Only in this way can gelatin powder role.
4. After leaving the fire, let cool for five minutes, then slowly pour 100 grams of ice pure water in the formula to cool down.
5. When waiting to cool, put the peach chunks into the container. When the water in the pot is below 40 degrees, pour the lemon juice.
6. Pour the liquid into three containers equally. Add the peach cubes, the peach cubes are floating. You can also add some fresh mint leaves.
7. Keep it in the refrigerator for more than 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Mango, orange pulp, cantaloupe, apricot, and kiwi fruit can also be used to make jelly. The 100 grams of iced pure water in the recipe is replaced with orange juice, which is orange jelly.
The role of gelatine powder in making jelly
Gelatin is a water-soluble protein obtain by partial hydrolysis of animal gelatin protein. Insoluble in cold water, but can slowly absorb 5 to lo times the weight of cold water to expand and soften. It can dissolve in hot water. Gelatin’s coagulation power is not strong. When the concentration is lower than 5%, no gelation occurs. Only at a concentration of 10% to 15% will it gel and form a jelly. And its heating time is too long. Under over acid or over base conditions, the following will cause the gel capacity to decrease. Compared with agar gum, the gelatin formed by gelatin has a soft mouthfeel, good mouthfeel, and elasticity.
The above is a brief introduction to the role of gelatine powder. Not only are we one of the best gelatin suppliers in China, we are also collagen and pectin manufacturers. If you want to buy it or want to know more product information, please feel free to contact us.